Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

A photo I took of a travertine tiled hearth a few weeks ago......definitely not a tiler

20170202_143212.jpg

T

Tile Shop

Some customers you have to feel sorry for. But just because he's a nice guy does not mean he's a "professional tiler"....... like this guy.

Chimney centre feature with split face effect interlocking porcelain. Sounds straightforward enough right?

Wrong!

IMG_8264.JPG IMG_8265.JPG

Used the interlocks on the external corners and made a central closing section by hacking small squares out of the remaining tiles, filled in [some of] the joints with adhesive (yep... not grout), lippage galore.

But somehow, her only complaint was that they weren't cleaned up properly!

B

Blunt Tool

Some customers you have to feel sorry for. But just because he's a nice guy does not mean he's a "professional tiler"....... like this guy.

Chimney centre feature with split face effect interlocking porcelain. Sounds straightforward enough right?

Wrong!

View attachment 89626 View attachment 89627

Used the interlocks on the external corners and made a central closing section by hacking small squares out of the remaining tiles, filled in [some of] the joints with adhesive (yep... not grout), lippage galore.

But somehow, her only complaint was that they weren't cleaned up properly!
Maybe the externals are like that for hand and footholds when you are practicing your climbing skills! :)

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen