Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Public liability insurance (Commercial work) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I know there's been a few threads about this but I'd be interested to hear from any of the commercial guys and gals what sort of price they pay for this. I've dropped really lucky this year and I'm getting loads of new work from a shopfitting firm which has resulted in me using up to 6 tiling/floorlaying subbies on a regular basis. Last year my PL insurance was just under £100 which increased to approx. £150 when I used a couple of subbies. Due to having a couple of jobs in Heathrow airport (Classed as high risk environments), the number of subbies I use and the fact that I use heat guns for some of the floor laying jobs the best price I can get is £1167!! My original insurance company wouldn't cover me and I rang 6 other companies that wouldn't do it either so I was backed into a corner really as I'm out on site all next week with no time to shop around. Does this price seem about right or have I been well and truly shafted??

Reply to Public liability insurance (Commercial work) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks