Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss public liability claim in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys wonderring if any body could advise me pls.
Done job 4 months ago - kitchen floor.pulled fridge out of units to tile behind.next day customer said we scratched the fridge door.(we never did but admit a blame).put it through public liability (AXA).Fridge fixed we had to pay £104 to the customer as it was below exes (£250).now customer is no happy with it and bought new door and want pay for this.he contacted lawers to get us to pay.Axa washed hands of it.You ever had problem like this?

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
it was just light scratch.could be there for ages but when we pulled fridge out light hit it and was seen.it is stainless,brushed door.I never seen it fixed.

D

doit4u

I am a bit confused here. If you did not damage the fridge why did you admit liability and put it through your insurance? I am assuming it was a free standing fridge and not built in so how was the door 'fixed' and what was the actual cost. If the fridge was the sort that sits under a worktop it must be a very expensive fridge to cost £250 for a door. The dearest under counter fridge on the Curry's site is 399.99.

At this stage I would refuse to pay for a new door. If the client was not happy with the repair they should have said so at the time. Also unless it was almost brand new { less than a year old } a repair should be sufficient.

I certainly wouldn't agree to pay without a fight. There are people out there who just like to try it on. In my experience they are the sort that start off with a solicitor's letter rather than trying to rsolve the issue with you first - scare tactics?

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Customer says it was not damaged before we moved it.We were working around it and touch it.He is sure it was us.that is what insurance is paid for.keep customer happy.it is big american style fridge.7 years old.discontinued.If he spoke to lawer, so will we.door was fixed,him no happy without contacting us.He says he is no dealing with Axa anymore as they are ****.

S

Spud

it sounds like a chancer trying it on with you ,wait until the court date and then attend and put your side

S

Stewart

I would say it's down to the insurance as they have already accepted the initial claim.......

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Let Axa sort it................his grief is with them not you.

Tell him to go forth and multiply :incazzato:

Reply to public liability claim in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks