Discuss Proxxon kg80 trim saw! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

Because of on going issues I need to find an alternative to hacksaw mitre box junior hacksaw etc and just want some reassuring comments that the proxxon kg80 mini chop saw is worth the couple of hundred outlay for cutting tile trim? Do you have one and is it worth the money? Also any other alternative cutting machinery/method welcomed.

G

GoneGuy

I’ve bought this
Evolution R210CMS 210mm Single-Bevel Compound Mitre Saw 110V - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/evolution-r210cms-210mm-single-bevel-compound-mitre-saw-110v/4235p
Use it with a home made mitre block to hold the trim

93DB3755-4EB9-4C7D-8DEA-0AE19688096A.jpeg

B

Blunt Tool

I cut with a 0.8mm disc in a battery grinder but (nothing to do with tiles) I use the bigger brother of this Evolution-RAGE3-B-210mm-Multi-Purpose-Mitre-Saw-1100-Watt-110-Volt.

Also maybe a grinder stand would be helpful which has the angle adjustable vice. Einhell TS 125/115l Angle Grinder Cut-Off Stand - Machine Mart - Machine Mart - https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/einhel-ts-125115l-angle-grinder-cut-off-stand/
That’s quite cool the angle grinder stand Julian

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

They make them for larger grinders too but I had a look around to see if there was something that could do compound mitres - I will ask as I'd find it handy. The stands are really handy (mine usually has a cheap Aldi grinder in it). I was just thinking of something cheap.

I use the 0.8mm discs but I have to touch the edges up - a portable bandsaw maybe but I'm not that rich :)

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

I've used them for many years - my advice (once built) is to keep a grinder in one if you don't want to take play with nuts and bolts (I keep my cheap Aldi one in it as a place for it to live as much as anything). Easy to set up. Super handy for many types of framing systems too.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes Julian I thought that, whats the miter like, accurate?? Had no time to sort it and also wasn't sure how it will transport in the van unlike a chow saw would.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Hi Wishi.

I think to try and explain these stands a little better this video will probably help. As you may see if you are an IKEA expert its really your thing and also maybe why you may keep a grinder in one permanently.
The last 20% of this video may help to answer about the mitre cuts. (and a slightly different variant of stand)
They are very repeatable just not quite a straightforward as dialing in an angle on a slide saw.
It will transport well - the weak point is the hinge section - usually a diecast material. If you dropped something heavy on it I can see that breaking.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That proxxon kg80, canny price like, I wonder if there is a model making forum that might have one listed in their classified adds, as its looks the type of thing it would be used for, I have seen on here some using it, think it would a cool thing and more robust than the angle grinder for transporting, but hard to spend £200 on it.

Reply to Proxxon kg80 trim saw! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks