Search the forum,

Discuss Problem Romano Floor Tile (Johson Tiles via Wickes) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sealtiler

:furious3: :mad2:

Has anyone recently experienced problems with a wall and floor tile currently supplied by Wickes and made by Johnsons Tiles?
We have fitted several large bathrooms out with this tile - all fitted proffesionaly by experienced tilers using Butech adhesive supplied and installation approved by Porecelanosa.
The problem we are experiencing is after several months the FLOOR TILES ONLY are developing "Hairline" service cracks, which is a complete nightmare.
We have managed to secure compen from one floor uplift via Johnsons, who sent a rep to view the fit etc and we have also had samples analysed. Note however we have not seen the results in writing from the supplier.
Imagine our frustration when we have just recently for the third time had a call from a fit twelve months ago, which has developed the same fault.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR HAS EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM, THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

S

sarahsmee

We fitted the tiles about 6 months ago - about 1/3 of them have small chips in. One of the chips has revealed they are hollow! I really don't think they are going to last. i have sent a letter off to wickes today - fingers crossed they will get something sorted.
How did you go about getting your compo?

D

Deleted member 9966

Hi Sarah

This thread dates back to 2008 and the member hasn't been online in a long time, so you may not get an immediate response to your question from them.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the Wickes tiles. You are doing the right thing by informing Wickes of the problems and please keep us informed of your progress.

Hope it gets sorted for you with the minimum of hassle :thumbsup:

G

GARDEN

hi all we also have the same problem, any information would be great. wilkes saying tile in not at fault.

G

GARDEN

hi

let us know how you get on please. The ones we had where floor and wall tiles but I think they were only suitable for walls

G

GARDEN

HI

It is an upstairs bathroom, so laid on board, with nails and glue plus flex Adhesive

really do think the fiter is good so do not belive they have been laid wrong

M

Mike

the boards should have been screwed not nailed and needs to be solid (no bounce) before tiling

I

Ian

Hi garden, you say the floor was laid on boards, was that directly to the floor boards or was the floor overboarded? Also what thickness was the ply/ cement board used to overboard ( assuming the floor was overboarded) ?

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Reply to Problem Romano Floor Tile (Johson Tiles via Wickes) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen