Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Possible deal for someone in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just got this E-mail through from my supplier. Not used this product before myself but it may be of some use pricewise for some guys on here

Benfer Soloflex now in stock at STS

Benfer Soloflex is a flexible, pourable tile adhesive designed specifically for use on anhydrite screeds, and can be applied directly to screed, without priming. We now have pallets of this in stock, at only £15.99 per 20Kg bag.

http://www.benfer.it/en/SOLOFLEX-ANHYDRITE/cms/Pagina.action?pageAction=&page=Prodotto.128

Last edited:
R

Rookery

Not used it myself but just looked at the spec sheet on the manufacturers website. Not surprisingly for a C2TE, it says that calcium sulphate substrates should be abraded, vacuumed and primed. It seems that its just another cement based addy so not sure where the "designed specifically for use on anhydrite screeds" bit comes from.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not used it myself but just looked at the spec sheet on the manufacturers website. Not surprisingly for a C2TE, it says that calcium sulphate substrates should be abraded, vacuumed and primed. It seems that its just another cement based addy so not sure where the "designed specifically for use on anhydrite screeds" bit comes from.

No it doesn't.... It says this....

SOLOFLEX ANHYDRITE

Fluid adhesive for laying flooring screed based on anhydrite

• Direct application without primer
• High flexibility
• Ideal for underfloor heating
• Ideal for porcelain
• Ideal for large formats
• Consistency fluid pose without buttering up to 3,600 cm ²
• trowel in thicknesses up to 10 mm
• Low power consumption
• Dust reduced
• Indoor

SPECIFICATIONS: Soloflex anhydrite is a powder adhesive
composed of calcium sulphate, inert selected granulometry, synthetic resins and additives
special. Its formulation has been designed and developed to put quickly
secure all of the ceramic and natural stone (moisture-stable) on
Anhydrite screeds based fluids.
Its nature allows the direct application without the need to deal with the screed
a primer, the fluid rheology allows to place without the double-spread
tile areas up to 3,600 cm ², his reaction times allow
grouting after only 4 hours after application.

- - - Updated - - -

Via google translate

R

Rookery

Aha. The product I looked up was Soloflex, cos thats what it said in the original post.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
I picked a sample bag of this up from Sts a couple of weeks ago to use on a job. Seemed similar to Nicobond gypfix but a bit more pourable. Nice to work with and nice price too. Wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I picked a sample bag of this up from Sts a couple of weeks ago to use on a job. Seemed similar to Nicobond gypfix but a bit more pourable. Nice to work with and nice price too. Wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

Did you get it at £15.99 a bag wayne?

wayne

TF
Reaction score
Freebie they had a bag out so I blagged it. Love Sts just need them to sell me a 1200 cutter dirt cheap by Monday now

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha martin's so tight he had double glazing fitted so the kids couldn't hear the ice cream van.

I hired the 1200 cutter and it worked a treat for a job I did.

Reply to Possible deal for someone in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks