Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain tiles 1000mm * 200mm Notch Size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

What kind of floor are you fixing to? At least 10mm and tiles back buttered is norm.

T

tilenewt

Thanks for the response.
The floor is floorboard overlaid with no more ply.
Do you recommend square or rounded notches?

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been doing a floor today 1200 x 600. florim porcelain. used an 8mm trowel over the ditra and a 4mm back butter notch trowel on the tile... gives me a little wriggle room with the clips.

T

tilenewt

Chris,
On long tiles like this do you have the notched ridges parallel with the long side of the tile or across the tile?

Reply to Porcelain tiles 1000mm * 200mm Notch Size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen