Search the forum,

Discuss Polished porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Looking at carrying out repairs for a woman I do work for, she owns the local garage & it's for the floor of the shop.
She has spare tiles but they are polished (fully vitrified) is there any way I can get these to a Matt finish?

D

diamondtiling

Without using mechanical means which will be expensive I very much doubt it Stef, and even if there is such a machine I think it would ruin the tile face?

S

Stef

I can polish up a tile no problem but I've never came across a situation where I need to try & remove the polished surface from the tile.
They are going to be slippy under foot & it won't be good as the repair is right at the door.

D

diamondtiling

What about fitting a mat well at the door? You can buy the cheap horsehair type mat or the more expensive aluminium types but they are £300 per metre ish

S

Stef

What about fitting a mat well at the door? You can buy the cheap horsehair type mat or the more expensive aluminium types but they are £300 per metre ish

Spoke about a mat well but the tiles continue out the door then angle down so there isn't a step as such going into the shop.
Going to be a bit of a mare!!!

Like that one Peter!!!
Only the Irish...

O

Old Mod

Problem solved, hopefully??
Thanks Alan @ ATS,

Well [MENTION=29939]Stef[/MENTION] .........?
C'mon
ja9aqe3a.jpg

Reply to Polished porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen