Search the forum,

Discuss polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Hi all, having used polished porcelain in the past from tile giant, CTD, other smaller shops, what's your favorite to use? Jakarta from tile giant where good and CTD eagle range have also tried ones manufactured in united Arab emirates but can't quite recal what the name of them where.... Anyway, what's your preference and why?

C

charlie1

Also the porcelainosa ones where calibrated very well but the where soo britle they where very hard to cut!

C

charlie1

It was my sigma that was struggling to cut it! My sigma cuts anything as you will all be aware but it really did strugle with them

T

Time's Ran Out

Although I don't really have a preference with the make of a tile ( Eagle are okay) the surface of the tile can often make it fun to cut!
We have just done a little kitchen floor with a tile supplied by the customer from Homebase. On inspection there were 9 mts of tiles made on 10th Nov 2011 and 7 mts of tiles made on 14th Nov. As the area contained a passage and wc. it was agreed to blend the mix into the smaller areas. However the smaller quantity of tiles were much harder to cut with the dry wheel manual cutter (no brand provided to save debate) and it was definitely the surface, which looked almost identical, that caused the necessity for the angle grinder to be used.

C

charlie1

Got one, its my sigma that was struggling with it! I've cut much thicker porcs easily with my sigma, I don't know why reason it did not like the ones from porcelainosa! Was breaking off line about 3 inch from end of tile... Tried everything! My old genesis cut them though.... Very strange!

Reply to polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen