Search the forum,

Discuss Polished porcelain, damaged surface in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Now then folks, I've just been to see a mates bathroom and here's the story. His old man was doing some decorating and got some paint on the tiles, he decided to use white vinegar to remove the paint and when that didn't work, used t-cut! This is what has happened
avarehe7.jpg
va4u9edu.jpg

I haven't tried anything on it yet, just wondered if anyone had seen this before and if they had a remedy. My first thoughts are to use grimex but, not sure if there was a better solution.

C

Concrete guy

They are scratched, albeit on a very fine level.

T Cut is an abrasive cutting compound, think very very fine sand in a cream.

The best solution is to cut it out and replace.

You could possibly re polish the surface with diamond pads , but it would be difficult, messy and not guarantee of success. You'd have more chance polishing a floor than a wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

Thinking laterally now and on the grounds that it's fecked anyway and facing removal. I have a cunning plan.......

There's an outside chance you could repolish this by treating it as though it's car paintwork.

Think of using finer versions of T Cut and scratch remover with a felt mop on a variable speed polisher, think of it like paint correcting.

It might work (there's no guarantee!). Myself and a stonemason are tinkering around with these products at present with quartz and engineered stone to see if we can come up with a way to repair surface scratches and such.

I'd be looking at compounds produced by this company Welcome to Farécla | farecla or similar, which (I think) are available at your local Halfrauds or car detailing outlet.

I

Ian

I'm quite into car detailing so I have a fair old collection of cutting compounds, quite handy on resin quartz as well :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Polished porcelain, damaged surface in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen