Search the forum,

Discuss Ply Floor - Dural CI++ - Travertine 60x40 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Dudley

Hi.

Can any give any adive on the following please.

I have a Plywood floor which is to be overlaid with Dural CI++ matting and then 12mm Travertine 60x40 laid on top.
Also an AKW Tuff tray with which 48mm mosaics are to be laid over a Dural WP matting.

Is a SPF adhesive sufficient for this installation or would I be better off going for a latex based adhesive.

Planning on using Granfix SPF at the min but if deemed necessary I will go for Mapei keraquick with latex additive.

Thanks.
David.

D

David Dudley

18mm Marine Ply.

Primed underside/edges on 450mm span joists, with noggins at 300mm.

D

David Dudley

Thanks Dave.

Any comments on Granfix - (as this is available locally at good price)

As the floor area is 5m I am quite happy to pay the money and go for a belt and braces approach if you think latex would give any benefit.

Cheers.

W

White Room

With your tuff tray use some course paper on it to scratch a bit before fixing the WP matting so the addy has a bit more to fix to....

D

David Dudley

Thanks Whitebeam.

I am also able to get Granfix S2 adhesive.
As I don't mind paying a little more is it worth using this for a belt and braces type approach?

Cheers.

(I'll be sure to post pics of the whole project once it's finished.)

W

White Room

It's always better to do the belt and braces, hav'nt used Granfix for a long time as I remember never had a problem with it....

D

DHTiling

Sorry for lack of reply.. i went out...

Anyway, yes i am a big believer that no job can be over killed, so yes S2 is ok...

I cannot comment on the granfix, been a longgg time since i used any.. but not heard bad things about it either..

B

bugs183

If you want to go belt and braces i'd swap the C1 for Schluter Ditra matting, it's the original and in my opinion a way better product.

Reply to Ply Floor - Dural CI++ - Travertine 60x40 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen