Search the forum,

Discuss Plasterboard/plywood full sheets or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lendini

Hi all still very new to these forums so go easy on me.Really just wanted to know ppls opinions on this.When using using plasterboard for re boarding work or ply on floors would you use full sheets to work with as they are rather big and cumbersome to carry and manouver in rooms especially small bathrooms if the sink and bath are still in place.I was told in my course also you need to stagger when boarding out.If you using full sheets either on floor or on walls you not going to get that effect unless room is huge.Thx in advance on your opinions.can you get pre cut boards also to fit in van as well if you have a berlingo or the like

T

Turkish

Hi mate, you can get smaller size boards but just means more work and more battens if that`s how you`re fixing them. On walls then full size plasterboards would be used to go floor to ceiling then you can cut them to fit in around objects. With ply on the floor then yes it`s advisable to stagger the joints.

Turkish

D

DHTiling

You can get plaster boards in 1200 x 900 ( handy boards) great for small jobs and small vans......

T

tiler burden

i have heard people say leave a 2mm gap between ply when laying on existing timber floors for expansion reasons but is this necessary?? if ply is screwed at 300 centres or 225mm if they have been laid by the customer for ex and they havent primed the underneath, then were is the room for expansion?

any in put on this??

ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Plasterboard/plywood full sheets or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen