Search the forum,

Discuss Picture On Tile Box in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Noticed this today on a box of tiles i was using to tile a kitchen floor , it was a half bond floor
Anyone seen this on a box before , its a 1st for me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    924.1 KB · Views: 63

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny you should point that out today, I swear I read somewhere yesterday that somebody (Doug was it?) said they only lay 1/4 bond due to bowing.

J

Just Rizzle

yes seen it on lots of poor quality high priced eu produced porcelain even quarter bond can give lips on some. levelling system i find a must with these type of tiles

W

WetSaw

Spanish tiles I assume, the DIY sheds over here put a label on the display with all that information on as well.

J

Just Rizzle

Spanish tiles I assume, the DIY sheds over here put a label on the display with all that information on as well.
most of it I come across is internet bought c rap ie rrp £59.99 then discounted to £24.99 client thinks hes getting a bargin when its a load of dodo

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
1st time ive seen it and i check the box on most jobs as well
Looked ok when done though , they were not bowed that bad really , not the best but ok.
image.jpg
image.jpg

W

WetSaw

So you completely ignored manufacturers instructions, tut tut!!
I suppose they put that on the box to reduce the possibility of people moaning about bowing and lippage.
Looks good.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's 100% the reason.

I didn't realise they bowed so much but having seen some of the smaller tiles bow so much I can see how it's possible.

Surely there's a way to make them not bow these days?

We can stick a man on a moon, and crash a probe into an asteroid, 3 times, but we can't make a flat tile over 12 inch?! Lol

Reply to Picture On Tile Box in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Desperately seeking Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I need about 10 of these as replacement...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
I hope you can help we are trying to source (for a match) some 300mm by 300mm matte white taco...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time I’m posting 👋🏽 I’m after some advice please. Is this area going to need...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen