Search the forum,

Discuss phone call-can you help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello all,
i priced a good job about 5 weeks ago,200+m2 marble floors,170m2 in bathrooms etc.
I didn't win obviously(didn't price to win:smilewinkgrin:).
so last night she(the customer) rings me:yikes:
She had a tiler tile the granny flat(kitchen floor and splash) and bathroom,
had another tiler come into the main building,changed his mind(big job) and run,
she then yesterday had third tiler in,he tanked 3 showers then fell out with someone? as she said.Then left saying he wouldn't be back.
Can you help Joe? "sorry but i'm very busy and couldn't get to you before january" !!i said, ha don't you love it at times:smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

I priced a job few weeks back about the same size joe...i wasn't more expensive BUT i couldn't do it before xmas as they wanted..

The kitchen/living area was 102mtrs applestone on flow screed and wet UFH..it had not been commissioned and was fairly new'sh screed...

The tilers who have done the job have tiled onto it as it is...:smilewinkgrin: no heating plumbed yet..lol lol..

2 bathrooms also in travertine...one onto skim walls and another onto ply walls.....all tiled in 8 days by 4 none uk born fellows employed by a builder..

I too am awaiting that call joe....:lol:..

B

brian c

they get what they deserve imo.

I priced a job last night ..local...so went in reasonably priced...ply in shower area,chipboard flooring,sanitary ware not positioned properly.....................i explained the why's and what ifs and recommended tanking walls(ply around shower unit) and plying the floor out.I honestly thought that they were thinking i was trying to rob them and had to explain that it wasnt a marketing ploy and had no-one else told them so?.....answer..no and four so called tilers have priced it and one actually said that you shouldnt put porcelain tiles in a toilet because..wait for it...they were too hard to drill and cut around the shower base..ffs-think i wont get it because of this..said they would call today but havent.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

I priced a job few weeks back about the same size joe...i wasn't more expensive BUT i couldn't do it before xmas as they wanted..

The kitchen/living area was 102mtrs applestone on flow screed and wet UFH..it had not been commissioned and was fairly new'sh screed...

The tilers who have done the job have tiled onto it as it is...:smilewinkgrin: no heating plumbed yet..lol lol..

2 bathrooms also in travertine...one onto skim walls and another onto ply walls.....all tiled in 8 days by 4 none uk born fellows employed by a builder..

I too am awaiting that call joe....:lol:..

wet UFH on my quoted job there too,if the screed was poured anything like the granny flat i wouldn't have tiled either !!!:lol:

T

Time's Ran Out

Priced big job 20 years ago and the client didn't have the courtesy to reply!
Month later got a call to do the Kitchen for a kitchen Co. in same house.
Went to check it out for preparation and they had used 6mm plywood on the floor and there was no room under appliances to increase the thickness of overboarding. Client reckoned I had told him to use 6mm so I walked!
He used 5 tilers in the end to do the house and he never paid any of them!!!!
Wasn't happy with any of the work I heard - Yeah right! - I saw a downstairs shower room when I was there and it was fine.

Reply to phone call-can you help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.