Search the forum,

Discuss Paint-on tanking products for floors in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mossop

Is it correct that paint-on tanking products for a floor require more than one coat, with subsequent drying time between coats?

If that's the case, would I be correct in thinking that a waterproof matting product adhered to the floor timber before tiling is quicker to put in place?

Thanks.

R

Rookery

You should paint on the 2nd coat at right angles to the 1st so you haven't missed any areas. I find paint on much quicker and less fuss overall than matting and would usually use Ardex WPC which takes little time to dry.

F

Flintstone

over timber? What timber ?
Tilemaster make a one coat tanking paste. But most two coat systems don’t require a long time between coats anyway.

F

Flintstone

Is this a bathroom or wet room? If you have the height available, you would be best over boarding that ply with something like a 6mm insulation board. Know technically you can tile onto the ply but it’s not ideal imo

Reply to Paint-on tanking products for floors in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen