Search the forum,

Discuss packing in working for builders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I am going to have to lay off my lads and go out on my own for a while as the last couple of months have heen really tough getting paid from builders, all have the same story "sorry mate we are waiting for money when it comes in you will get yours" why dont they tell you this before the job begins as I wouldn't have done the jobs under those terms
All the years i have heen trading i have never seen so many schisters and cowboys about as there are today

S

Spud

I will drop all the poor payers first and the few decent ones I know will be the only guys I will do business with , I blew one out this week on a really large job with 8 bathrooms ,stair cases and marble floors he couldnt understand when I said it wasnt worth the stress getting money out of him and his partner

D

DHTiling

Too many companies living on a whim Gaz , then it is the sub-contractors who suffer when it comes to getting paid.

Tough decision to make but if you can cope without the work , then it is a wise decision .

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I hate doing for builders Gary!got a job coming up soon in a 6 bedroom property for a builder but I want paying after each bathroom is finished!!!

D

DHTiling

I hate doing for builders Gary!got a job coming up soon in a 6 bedroom property for a builder but I want paying after each bathroom is finished!!!

Hi Andy , i have a good rapport with the builders i work for and payment is never an issue but i do think that builders etc , should not sub-contract out work if they do not have the funds to pay the sub-contractor .

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Andy , i have a good rapport with the builders i work for and payment is never an issue but i do think that builders etc , should not sub-contract out work if they do not have the funds to pay the sub-contractor .

Hello Dave I've never had a problem but I'm always wary don't know why? But the builders I do for at the mo are always ready with there cheque books when I'm finished...!

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I believe that non payers are driving around in new cars, building extensions in their houses etc..
I drop a joiner recently for never ending excuses for non paying - I had to pay my tax bill, I cant meet you coz there is snow on my driveway bla bla).
I am sure I wont miss his work...

D

DHTiling

I believe that non payers are driving around in new cars, building extensions in their houses etc..
I drop a joiner recently for never ending excuses for non paying - I had to pay my tax bill, I cant meet you coz there is snow on my driveway bla bla).
I am sure I wont miss his work...

Good on you.

Reply to packing in working for builders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen