Search the forum,

Discuss outside balcony in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Slightly unrelated to tiling but still on the balcony topic is the use of stainless steel balustrades. If you ever need a good supplier for stainless steel posts, brackets etc either internal or external then Stick-it do a super range.

When I created my own balcony at home I looked at boatyards and steel works to prefabricate a banister but the cost of welding is huge on stainless. This is their website and if not helpful to this post then a useful resource for those of you who do installation work.

left_image_01.jpg

Stick-It UK website for stainless steel handrails, balcony etc

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LM Ceramics

i have tiled 2 balconys to date on slate and other terracota the terracota was concrete and the slate was asphalt i used 2 part flexi aswell so far no comebacks on the slate job although i was advised by my local tile shop to use a porcelbond adhesive for outside balcony i dont know whether im correct or not

A

atec

how long ago was the slate job done, could it be to soon for comebacks. I still think if i use schluter membrane it would be ok, though jury still out on it, still looking into it.

F

fitbuild

On a similar issue. I have a felted terrace and im considering putting the Orbry 16mm boards directly over the felt screwing them down, then use the waterproof jointing tape and flexible waterproof tile cement to lay frost proof tiles.

Would this cause any issues with the felt tempretures etc?

Reply to outside balcony in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen