Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Out Of Date Grout From High End Tile Shop. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All I needed was half an egg cup of Weber Joint pro Jasmine grout.

After asking if there were any split bags - No. I then paid for a full bag. Got back to my job and started mixing it. The dry grout was very lumpy (like it was old or had been subjected to frost).

I looked at the bag (Sept'13) !! WHAT!!!!! This is from a very high end tile shop in West London.

I had enough grout for what I needed it for, but I took the bag back to the shop. They said that the grout was ok because that date is the date of manufacture and it has a shelf life of 6 years! I went into their store room and saw they had grout with dates of 2009. They wanted to exchange the bag for another bag that was manufactured in 2013.....No no no, i'm having a bag of grey with a date of 2016. They did not want to give me at first because they said it was a different price, but I got it in the end.

I don't usually check dates on bags but now I will.

O

On one

I would have dialled Webers Tech dept number and pushed the phone in the direction of the said 'High End Tile Shop' assistant and said in a not so friendly manner ''Speak to the man''....or lady!

I

Italy

my, fresher very .
the end of the world. year 2011 ahah

image.jpeg

H

hmtiling

get that quite often with unusual coloured grout from my local tile shop. as far as i'm aware it's 12 month shelf life on weber grout. i always get a full refund.

Reply to Out Of Date Grout From High End Tile Shop. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks