• Thread starter 1sandyh
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 6K
Search the forum,

Discuss Options for second attempt.. in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ive used the Novellini Duodeck 3 on numerous occasions for the same reason, customers did not want envelope cuts, and the sizes work well with 60x30 tiles

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think I paid around £280 but that is through a friend who owns a bathroom showroom so he's done me them at a good price as I send quite a few of my customers to buy from him. I doubt you would get anywhere near close to that price.

1sandyh

Well I'll be spending all night watching you tube now learning how to make my own :)

One more thought, obviously porcelain if possible but would you feel okay laying ceramics in the shower area?

B

Bill

Ceramics are fine so long as they are a good quality. Thousands of Olympic sized swimming pools are tiled with ceramic tiles.

1sandyh

Apologies Tom - I've just watched the link. That is very similar to what I have already fitted, aside from it not being a 4 way.

When you said make your own I thought you meant you literally made the former. Am I being thick?!

B

Bill

When you said make your own I thought you meant you literally made the former. Am I being thick?!
No you are not being thick..... I just make mine, with a plywood former, sloped for my taste and cover it with a suitable backer board, and drain kit, tank, and then tile over.

Or, the old fashioned way of using sand and cement to form the tray. Even upstairs on timber substrates!

Reply to Options for second attempt.. in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen