Search the forum,

Discuss only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alberta Stone

Glad to hear the kids are alright.

I had a similar one a long time ago. I had parked my truck on the front street and had just made a long list of all the things that needed work and was not very happy about it as the list was on the expensive side, so I grumbled about that for a while and went to bed.
I think I had the lights off for about 5 minutes when an almighty crash comes from the front street.
I run outside and see this smallish man pelting off down the road and a trans-am adhered to the rear of my truck with steam clouds rising.
Short of it was the police (who brought dogs) couldn't track the fellow as he was clever and lost them and the owner had an alibi saying he was drunk at a friends house and the car had been stolen.
Short of it was the insurance paid out and I was able to upgrade to a van that needed far less work done.

D

doug boardley

and this is mine, altho' I've not got the full extent of damage captured, ie the long commercial tow bar all twisted, the bent chassis etc

D

doug boardley

you can see that she's done damage right through to front panel above the side step

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

if the chassis is buckled and the axle and tow bar are now compromised, insurers are less likely to repair as they cannot be sure of the structural integrity of the vehicle anymore.

my brother in law had his small car written off after an accident because he told his insurers that he didn't feel safe or comfortable driving it anymore. the insurers had been on the cusp of deciding to repair or write off and that piece of information made them decide to write it off.

if you get chance to Doug, when the insurance assessor goes out to inspect the truck, try to be there and go round the car with him. you'll get a better understanding of what they're doing then.

W

White Room

Just picked up on this one Doug, bloody hell:yikes:

I can't see that her insurance would be invalid because she was drink driving.

D

doug boardley

apparently Mark, damage to mine is paid for by her insurance,,,,,,,she gets nowt for damage to hers:smilewinkgrin:

A

Aston

i was just explaining to the wife about what happened doug, she was horrified. thank god they were strapped in the back asleep. ]it they hadnt had their rear belts on, they could have been thrown about like a rag doll....rear belts are life savers now!!

Reply to only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen