Search the forum,

Discuss One For The Newbies - How Do They Get Around Taking On Work Above Their Skill Level? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

I think the term "fake it till you make it" fits here. I think we've all done it to a point but you've got to be realistic about things. Know where your talent lies.
I'm competent at joinery, but I wouldn't go build somebody a spiral staircase claiming to be one, although I'd happily hang a door or fit a kitchen.
If you find yourself in the middle of quoting a job and feel you're in too deep, just take a minute to think, then be honest about the options. If that means you lose the job, it's still better than having to rip your work back out.

P

philrab66

If you're talking about Geo fixing, then don't even worry about it.
There's only a small percentage of fixers that will take that work on, well if they're experienced! Cos they know it takes a particular skill.
Tbh that kind of work will be a rare request ordinarily.
If u do get one, well what are we here for! :)
Look back through the threads, the forums helped loads of guys tackle Geo!

No nothing that complicated, say a herringbone with a border maybe.

Reply to One For The Newbies - How Do They Get Around Taking On Work Above Their Skill Level? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen