Search the forum,

Discuss OK to fit-out my wet-room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
i have a NEW-house and some walls are like three sheets of plasterboard fixed together thick,:yikes: on some walls, so i now have travertine ,adhesive ,tanking, then this three 6mm sheets of plasterboards system ,so how the hell do i get a good -fixing for fitting's ie radiator , and the shower screen , and toilet stuff in to this ?? any new fixing ideas out there ??

O

Olz

Never noticed 6mm plasterboard before,

I use fisher fixings, not sure how big (long) they do them though to be honest, never needed any really long ones.

M

Muse2k8

I've just had a blonde moment... Was trying to work out why the hell anybody would build a wall with 3 pieces of plasterboard stuck together. Was confused as to where they would run the cables etc and surely it would be quite thin and fragile. I had images in my mind of your basin on one side and Fischer bolts sticking out the other...

But then I twigged :)

M

Muse2k8

Have a look at Fischer though... Absolutely brilliant fittings. I got a nice box when I spent £100 on screws, bolts etc etc from them.

M

Muse2k8

Oh so I wasnt having a blonde moment I was actually right :s

Strange way to build a wall...

Reaction score
the landing on one wall, a bedroom on another wall, a bedroom on another wall , and on the window wall thermalite blocks , no probs with this wall straight through and into the block!! it's juat the other three that are a headache

M

MARBLE_TONY

O!:yikes: you could use plasplugs but I don't like them never feel they give you a secure fixing. You could try a bit of old school and dowl it then screw in!?

C

Colour Republic

Not sure I've seen the building method you're talking about Dave, form the description I would be tempted to bolt anything heavy to the wall by drilling a pilot hole all the way through in to the other room then from the other side removing a small section of the 6mm boards say 3"x3" then using that recess to place a large washer and bolt said l fixtures to the wall that way. But that's all without seeing it and just picturing what you have as a wall.

Reaction score
Not sure I've seen the building method you're talking about Dave, form the description I would be tempted to bolt anything heavy to the wall by drilling a pilot hole all the way through in to the other room then from the other side removing a small section of the 6mm boards say 3"x3" then using that recess to place a large washer and bolt said l fixtures to the wall that way. But that's all without seeing it and just picturing what you have as a wall.
good idea mate !! not sure i would like all the making -good the other side, yes i agree its a bit of a crap way of building a wall but this is what i have to work with !! i might use the sticks like **** stuff as well as a fixing if i can find anything,

Reply to OK to fit-out my wet-room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen