Discuss Not Sure How You Guys Do This Every Day in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Marvo

I managed a few hours tiling today before I had to go work. Not much to report, progress was slow but steady which is about the best I could have wished for.

1.jpg

Reaction score
I feel your pain..... literally.... being 85% of the way through completely rearranging my bathroom in a similar fashion - and also as a DIY warrior rather than full time pro.

The good news is the last couple of days I have been able to get up from the sofa in the evening with slightly less groans and pains than I did after the first few days - I am either getting used to it or I am doing less work each day - I suspect the latter.

Are you having the clothing issue too ? - whereas I started off fully kitted out in various old clothes they have gradually been thrown out having got smelly and damp and I keep ending up doing work in more and more decent clothes as I am running out of old ones or I cant be arsed to change especially as I have to keep legging it out to pick up family etc. This evening I trashed my half decent Levis jeans and trainers !

The worse thing I find though is the constant stopping and easing off - sitting there just thinking, staring at the bloody thing, then over thinking things again instead of just getting stuck in...... the pauses are getting longer and more frequent .... must....keep.....going.....!

Keep going though as yours is looking a fine job and you can soon sit on the bog and admire all your hard work.

M

Marvo

Lol, hope your bathroom works out well for you. I feel for you but it's kind nice to know I'm not the only one in pain after a few hours on my knees.

I've not had the problem with clothes thankfully, you probably wouldn't believe it looking at the mess in the last photo but I'm pretty clean and methodical so I've managed not to get covered in adhesive yet. The dust is a different story especially over the first couple of days when I was ripping out and making new levels in the floor but the dust (and most of the blood spatter) washed out without too much problem.

M

Marvo

Okay, it's been over 2 weeks now since I started but I've been busy at work so I've been doing a couple of hours here and there as time allows. If I add up the hours it comes to around day 9 or 10.

Good news is I'm at the stage where things are becoming completed rapidly one after another so there's constant gratification at see finished parts and I'm actually enjoying it more now.

M

Marvo

The only big job left now is installing the toilet and cistern. Then it's lots of little DIY type jobs fitting towel rails, mirrors, soap dishes and all those kinds of things. Oh and cleaning....lots of cleaning.

M

Marvo

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the result. With hindsight there's a few things I would have done differently to get a better, more professional overall finish but I'm happy that I think I did the best I could have done with my limited skill set.

M

Marvo

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for the assistance and encouragement.

The bathroom is back in full use now although we're still adding finishing touches and accessories and there's still some silicone needs doing in places. This will probably be the final pictures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I became known as the Midnight Plumber over the last few weeks by some of my buddies and one of them even made me a commemorative mug;

4.jpg

Reply to Not Sure How You Guys Do This Every Day in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks