Tilers Forums Global Moderator
Today was day 1 of my downstairs bathroom renovation.
- Remove accessories like towel rail, shelves, mirror, panel heater, toilet roll sculpture etc.
- Remove basin, cistern and toilet and bath.
- Drain plumbing, disconnect redundant pipes and cap open pipes, make wiring safe.
- Break down brick surround that supported the bath with a jack hammer and break up & remove half a cube of concrete that the bottom of the bath rested on.
- Chisel open external wall and remove several drain pipes.
- Remove wall tiles with jack hammer.
- Remove floor tiles with jack hammer.
- Carefully remove the old adhesive from the walls and floor back to original plaster level using SDS drill in chipper mode.
- Collapse in a heap on the couch.
- Persuade wifey to assist in removing shoes and helping with the hobble to the upstairs shower to get clean.