Search the forum,

Discuss Not all hardiebacker is made equal? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Yes,the boards sometimes come warped.
And even though they are classed as 6mm they seem a bit fatter than that.
I only use them on overboarding floors,where accuracy isn't that important.........for me,easier and better products available for use on walls.

Reaction score
Yes,the boards sometimes come warped.
And even though they are classed as 6mm they seem a bit fatter than that.
I only use them on overboarding floors,where accuracy isn't that important.........for me,easier and better products available for use on walls.
I'm using 12mm. What better products for walls?

O

Old Mod

Yes, I know that the joints are not meant to meet.

27BF59BE-9A95-40E9-B02C-1F2631C1886C.jpeg

Looks very much like those boards line up on the right of the centre joint. If that’s a straight wall and not a corner, (which it’s not) they’re laid incorrectly. They’re meant to be laid broken bond. And it’s truly not that critical. Just don’t butt joint them. If laid broken bond it won’t matter at all that they differ in size.

Reaction score
View attachment 98304

Looks very much like those boards line up on the right of the centre joint. If that’s a straight wall and not a corner, (which it’s not) they’re laid incorrectly. They’re meant to be laid broken bond. And it’s truly not that critical. Just don’t butt joint them. If laid broken bond it won’t matter at all that they differ in size.
Thanks. I went with the "brick pattern" which hardiebacker also states All done now.

Reply to Not all hardiebacker is made equal? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen