Search the forum,

Discuss Norcross NX Floor tile adhesive failure in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
need eyes in the back of your head.
Using Norcros NX standard set floor tile adhesive. After an issue with multipro boards I did some trials with this product. Following tec instructions on the bag, to the letter, after. 4 day cure my tiles pulled off with minimal finger pressure.
On primed ext mahogany ply and birch ply that was primed @ 4.1 with SBR,which is recommended on the bag, complete failure.
On contacting their tech support they claim I should have been priming with neat SBR 😡
Would have been nice to put that advice on the bag instead of mis-advice !
So currently trialing a few tiles with neat SBR. I'm not looking forward to the pull test.
Rapid set sticks to EVERYTHING but I the pot life is 30 mins

Reply to Norcross NX Floor tile adhesive failure in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen