Discuss New tools this week in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

BuilderMCR

Think I might treat myself to some new trowels this week and possibly new manual and electric tile cutters. Does anyway have any recommendations?

C

charlie1

What size of cutter?, I'm selling a sigma 3m. A for trowels then I'd go for rubi, they don't rust.

B

BuilderMCR

Basically I want to upgrade my tiling tools to some decent ones. I seem to be fitting more and more bathrooms recently so I want the best tools I can get for the tiling.
I have just been looking through trade tiler and here's what I'm thinking. Anything you think I should get aswell or shouldn't get etc. let me know! You guys use this type of tools more than me so you know better.

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums...422711C-5326-00000144D0D31F76_zps169a2abc.jpg

2C6630E2-2966-434B-9985-D1DA3422711C-5326-00000144D0D31F76_zps169a2abc.jpg

B

BuilderMCR

At the minute I just use the tools B&Q sell cause I never really used them much so didn't see the point in spending too much but now I'm doing loads of tiling.

B

BuilderMCR

How come you've decided not to keep it after less than a month? Good points bad points?

- - - Updated - - -

What the difference in the N version?

A

Aston

i prefer the sigma 3c now. you'll find you either like using rubi or sigma. its just personal choice.

B

BuilderMCR

As for recommendations on the other stuff is there any advice you can give me? Just want to make sure I get the best possible tools I can.

A

Aston

As for recommendations on the other stuff is there any advice you can give me? Just want to make sure I get the best possible tools I can.

i'd personally buy a vitrex tile cutter for £95 over that rubi du 200l for £200 plus the cost of the stand.

B

BuilderMCR

Do you think this type of electric tile cutter is best? I have the other type and find it hard to see where I'm cutting.

W

White Room

I'v never used one of those square floor lasers, I rather spend money on a self leveling one...I bought one off ebay from a company that deals with them for £100 for standard bathrooms etc and it's been as good as gold.

B

BuilderMCR

I've got a dewalt self levelling laser which I use on walls but don't like using it on floors.

Reply to New tools this week in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks