Currently reading:

Discuss New posts button is too far to the right in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I've also hidden a lot of the forums you've mentioned. So the ones left now should just be the main ones.
Hiding forums I think is counter productive.
Certainly for me! Haha
All I end up with is PM's saying
"where's this, where's that?" :p
And I personally don't see the problem with hundreds of individual forums. In fact it can make it easier to find more specific threads if the search doesn't bring back what you need.
And keeping with the latest posts couldn't be any simpler. Use the new post or recent post page.
Everything is listed chronologically.
How could you miss anything?
So streamlining forums, for me is going backwards.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That's better now there's less forums, we just need the new posts button to be prominent now without having to go into a drop down menu to find it, perhaps switch it with watched forums, which surely no body uses!

I've moved it over to the left, on both the Home tab and the Forums tab. If it hasn't moved for you it might be your cache needs erasing in your web browser. Or it might be the responsive design on the forum puts it back to the right when it's in a phone kinda size. I'll have to take a look on my phone and test in a bit.

Hiding forums I think is counter productive.
Certainly for me! Haha
All I end up with is PM's saying
"where's this, where's that?" :p
And I personally don't see the problem with hundreds of individual forums. In fact it can make it easier to find more specific threads if the search doesn't bring back what you need.
And keeping with the latest posts couldn't be any simpler. Use the new post or recent post page.
Everything is listed chronologically.
How could you miss anything?
So streamlining forums, for me is going backwards.

I've only hidden the 'other trades' and 'NZ / Aus' forums. Nobody regularly posts in there and all the threads from in those forums I'll move to general chat or something when I have a bit more time.

Reply to New posts button is too far to the right in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement