Discuss *New member* want to start tiling in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
So... I’ve just decided i want to start a tiling career and would like to know everything!
(Obviously starting with basics)

I’m actually a plumber by trade but have only done bits of tiling, nothing to spectacular

From what I’ve learnt doing some tiling in bathrooms is that one company i worked for were dat a dabbing the tiles and it’s come to my knowledge that this is totally wrong... I’m guessing you professionals would go crazy at!

Look forward to your comments!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome Fitwidge, I come from a plumbing background myself there is much to learn.
And yes dot and dabbing is not the way forward!

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m excited about learning!

The company i worked for said they had to do that because the walls were uneven and if they plastered / boarded the walls then they wouldn’t get the job because of price?

How would you go about this? Explain to the customer?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It’s not always about being the cheapest but doing the job right.
Do your job the right way and do it well and you will never be short of work.

L

LM

Welcome Fitwidge. To answer your question yes D&D is totally inexcusable and if the jobs priced wrong then it’s their fault for not knowing what they’re doing. Timescale and price doesn’t mean doing the wrong thing is right it’s just a sorry excuse!

W

Waluigi

It’s your job to convince the customer that you do the job properly. Learn the trade back to front so in the unlikely event of a technical question being asked, you know what to say.

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on answers!

Do you guys dothe re-levelling of the walls yourselves or get somebody else?

Also, has anybody tried the rubi tx700n manual cutter?

And what other tiling tools would you recommend for starter (I’ve been told about a tiletracker)

Thanks!

Reply to *New member* want to start tiling in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks