Search the forum,

Discuss New member to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I’m new to the forum and looking forward to reading some good advice. Like many people I’m wanting to change my job. Short history. Did my NVQ ‘s in brickwork over twenty years ago. My wife runs pubs/restaurants and this is where I worked whilst learning bricklaying. When the course finished I was ready to leave that job and start bricklaying.
It never happened. First child was born and I was needed at the pub to fit in with child care and work. I now have three children and years on regret not pursuing the trade I learnt. My interest in tiling has been long standing and have always wanted to learn it. I feel I have attention to detail in all I do and love the finished product. I have my concerns though in doing the tiling course as I can’t see how you can call yourself a tiler after a short course. I’m not saying you can’t be but just a bit unsure. I’d work with a tiler for free on my days off to learn after I did a course but most tilers don’t have the time to show you as they’re mostly on price work.
Any advice/opinions on how to gain the experience and confidence needed. I know a tiling course is needed to learn the basics etc. Thanks for reading.
Paul.

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Paul.
Best of British, hope you can make it work.
We have some excellent fixers in your area, who knows maybe one of them could use a free pair of hands once in a while.

Reply to New member to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen