Discuss New member Artist looking for advice on tiles forum ;) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Elwira

TF
Reaction score
Hi, I`m a new member;) my art project research bring me to his forum. I need advice about tiles.....
So I wanted to make small projects on ceramic tiles for coasters purpose using my acrylic paints and inks . Problem showed up when I tried to find good product which can seal them. I tried Ultra Cast resin which supposed to hold 95 C. After leaving hot cup on it it left the marks in resin;/ .

I would like to buy resin alternative ? I need something checked that won`t ruin more of my art pieces;/ Could someone recommend me product for coating tails:
-permanent, water resistant
- Will be UV resistant
- Crystal clear gloos
- heat resistant- you can leave on it hot cup
-good scratch resistant
- if possible low odour

Project covered in resin:

damaged coaster- cup marks:

tile just with inks ready to coat with.....?.Help me to find what i should use please;)

O

One Day

Have you tried actually glazing them? Find a local ceramic artist and ask them to glaze for you? Not sure how your paints and inks will hold up, but clear glaze is the best option.

F

Flintstone

Have you tried actually glazing them? Find a local ceramic artist and ask them to glaze for you? Not sure how your paints and inks will hold up, but clear glaze is the best option.
You mean firing them in a kiln ? Your into whole new territory with that.

Elwira

TF
Reaction score
You mean firing them in a kiln ? Your into whole new territory with that.

You can find product like ceramic acrylic clear sprays or enamels but so far I bought few and they don`t work for hot cups- leaving marks and cup stick to surface. I was hoping maybe someone can recommend something more professional from industrial range.

F

Flintstone

I can tell you for sure you can’t glaze and fire those, so your looking for a resin, there are a few resin floor coverings around perhaps they might withstand the heat

T

Tile Shop

I have a sample unit of some Resincoat clear floor epoxy that I am about to test on some Grade 1 floor tiles, to see if it gives them better wear resistance without losing the tile any definition from the tile design. Once I've done what I need to do with it, I'd be more than happy to stuck a cuppa on it to see what happens. Or if I have enough will do a separate test tile. I have the datasheet but there is no info on final heat resistance. It's industrial grade, can be used on factory floors so you'd think it'd be pretty indestructible. Will keep you posted.

U

Unused Account 1

Hi, I`m a new member;) my art project research bring me to his forum. I need advice about tiles.....
So I wanted to make small projects on ceramic tiles for coasters purpose using my acrylic paints and inks . Problem showed up when I tried to find good product which can seal them. I tried Ultra Cast resin which supposed to hold 95 C. After leaving hot cup on it it left the marks in resin;/ .

I would like to buy resin alternative ? I need something checked that won`t ruin more of my art pieces;/ Could someone recommend me product for coating tails:
-permanent, water resistant
- Will be UV resistant
- Crystal clear gloos
- heat resistant- you can leave on it hot cup
-good scratch resistant
- if possible low odour

Project covered in resin:

damaged coaster- cup marks:

tile just with inks ready to coat with.....?.Help me to find what i should use please;)

Hello ,ive been looking for a course on the resin you do ,did you learn yourself or a course,i think tiles would be a good surface ,no one in my area knows of anyone who teaches this and i live in a very artarea ,lots of artists and galleries ,thanks ray

Reply to New member Artist looking for advice on tiles forum ;) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks