Currently reading:
New kitchen tiles

Discuss New kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Ok....so I have spent the last few weeks returning the kitchen... Right back to brick, battens, insulation, plasterboard, new floor with underfloor heating etc etc.... I am now at the stage where I need to think tiles between the wall and floor units and behind the cooker.

Here is a pic of what it looks like.

I cannot seem to decide what tiles to go for other than I don't want natural stone.

.any suggestions will be most welcome.
5e5e2u8e.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If there's plenty of light coming into the kitchen then I would be tempted to go for a black gloss to pick out door handles and cooker, something along this style. I would be tempted to go for a flat tile 20 or 30 x 10cm, would be a good size, rather than metro style.

liso-brillo-black.jpg

What floor tiles are you putting down Alan?

If there's plenty of light coming into the kitchen then I would be tempted to go for a black gloss to pick out door handles and cooker, something along this style. I would be tempted to go for a flat tile 20 or 30 x 10cm, would be a good size, rather than metro style.

View attachment 54094

What floor tiles are you putting down Alan?

Ha ha.......these are my tiles!! (I did this tiling in my brothers house!!)

Do you need some tiles big Al???

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The trend at present is no tiles on kitchen walls.

They mainly have just an upstand matching the work surface but it is also personal choice.

Yes I've noticed that. Maybe it's a cost thing... Not sure but I really want tiles ... Tried melamine splash backs and bare walls with emulsion and never really found them very successful... As you say personal choice.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Alan, if you are to tile it , then it has to be 20mm mosaics on diamond set. :)

I did think about mosaics but thought they are difficult to get flat... I know the technical side but not so good on the practical side of tiling...

I don't usually like metro's, done plenty of the usual white, red, black - but I'm doing a cream one at the moment & I think they look really nice and different for some reason, . Or the purple/plumb ones I did in our own kitchen (similar units & worktops), here's a link 'cos my photo won't upload (as usual)
MINI BEVELLED GRANATE BRILLO

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378536589.654661.jpg
Put these in a kitchen the other month Alan, they were actually left over from a floor in the bathroom downstairs,so the bloke put them in the kitchen.
I've also put the B&Q 600 x 600s on a few kitchen walls,a cheap way to tile a kitchen but v effective IMO.
Sorry about the 2nd pic, it's my kitchen,I've just taken it :) i tiled it about 5 years ago though in the blackish 600x600s
yqetadu8.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to New kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement