Search the forum,

Discuss ***NEW HARDIEBACKER VIDEOS ON TILERS FORUM*** in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Rochdale

6mm is fine for thefloor but & having had to tank the 12mm I’m not sure I’d use it again in a shower. Leaning towards either regular PB & membrane or liquid tanking or Jackoboards

Reaction score
A grinder will always be the fastest way, 12mm is tough but also the only board in the UK that can span 600mm centres without the joints bracing

12mm only needs tanking in a wet room and not a wet area. If a standard bathroom 12mm on stud taped then tile.

I'm only Huddersfield and happy to catch up sometime?

Reaction score
Why does the 12mm board not require tanking ?

The board is water resitant. Water cannot damage or degrade the board in any way. The board will absorb water and disperse it.

Only reason we tank is because the product underneath hates water and will degrade. So in a normal bathroom tanking isn't required and a great cost and time saver

F

Flintstone

12mm only needs tanking in a wet room and not a wet area.

I don’t agree with that statement mr backer!
Who wants a soaking wet board behind there tiles ? And I also don’t think there’s any difference in a wet room and a regular shower except the floor, and floor to wall transition.

Reply to ***NEW HARDIEBACKER VIDEOS ON TILERS FORUM*** in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen