Search the forum,

Discuss New Forum Version - Discussion and Feedback Thread in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We've finally upgraded tilersforums.com to the latest forum software version. Leagues ahead of all other forum types and with lots of extra features, of which I'll add to the forum at a later date, once we've all gotten used to the change.

Unlike with the sparky forum (sorry lads) I have managed to keep all the thanked statistics. So nothing has been lost there.

I'll be re-styling it, adding sponsors, and adding a few of the features we had before during the next few hours so please hang in there. :)

I hope you all enjoy the new forum which should be even quicker than the last, and even easier to use (for those that are newer to the forum).

H

hillhead

After i post a reply,if i hit new posts my post aint there or the thread.
Also if i hit the what's new button it's as bad.
Any tips folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

I'm quite missing the previous "today's post" button Dan. Is it possible to have that back in this version or is it hidden somewhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

I'm quite missing the previous "today's post" button Dan. Is it possible to have that back in this version or is it hidden somewhere else?

following on from this Dan, in the old version of the forum, when I clicked New Posts/Today's Posts it would show me which posts have been updated since I last logged on. have we still got this? I notice from clicking New Posts that it doesn't seem to show the cut off point from since I last logged on

B

b-fly

congrats for the update :hurray: I haven't been in the forum soon and i see it for the first time. I was very surprised :)

M

mikethetile

I like it and im finding it easy and quick to use, cant wait fro the new features to be added

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically, the 'What's New' does the same as the old 'New Posts' thing. ALL the posts shows are ones you haven't visited at all, or ones that have replies since you last visited (or replied) to it.

If you visit out lesser busy forums, and you read all the posts shown in the 'What's New' page, then hit 'What's New' again, it'll say "Sorry there are no new posts to view, click here to search for all posts made within the last 24 hours". And the link is basically the 'Today's Posts' button, so it shows all posts within the last 24 hours. So it's only shown if there are no new posts for you to read. Quite clever really IMO.

So it's the same.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the logo CR. Inverted is much much better.

For those that are still seeing the dodgy one I did, please hit the F5 key. If that still loads the old logo, hold Ctrl key and hit the F5 key. That'll do it. :)

Reply to New Forum Version - Discussion and Feedback Thread in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen