Search the forum,

Discuss new build in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

philipb

Hi guys,
Just wanted a bit of advise,got a new build to do,two en suites and a bathroom.
All the rooms are going to be tiled with porcelain tiles,and the rooms have wet underfloor heating.
They are all upstairs and at the moment no flooring or boards are down just joists,which
have noggins in.I have read a few threads about 24mm ply and decoupling membrane.
Also 18mm ply and backer boards,glued and screwed,also any extra preperation regarding the
wet heating.Its a robbens system which is under the floor between the joists supported
on brackets.Also any thoughts on the material for the walls,one of the en suites has a wet
floor shower area.thanks in advance.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Regarding your floor, Im almost certain that your cement boards will not allow the heat to rise as much as possible. I would be happy to lay 24mm WPB ply and lay a decoupling membrane down such as Duralbase C++ from PHG Wetrooms. He will give you a good price. That or Ditra will suffice.

As for your wet room walls, cement boards will be required for the job. These can also be sourced from PHG Wetrooms. ------>>> TF sponsor.

P

philipb

Hi cam-low,Thank you for your reply,do you apply anything to the underside of the 24mm ply?
or is it a waste of time.

Reply to new build in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen