Search the forum,

Discuss New build wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PRT

Hi All,
I need to make a wet room with alcoves for my clients. It is on the ground floor with UFH in the screed. I have left the shower area of the screed out so I can create fall to the drain which is a 100mm pop up at this stage.
The shower is enclosed on 3 sides by timber walls, 2 internal and 1 external. It is 1200mm by 1350mm with the drain in approx the centre. I am lining the walls with cement board.
Am I best to form the floor with sand/ cement or use a pre formed tray? If sand cement what fall should I put in?
What tanking system would be best for this application?
How far past the edge of the shower should the tanking be?
What sort of adhesives , grout , silicones are best?
I live on an island off the west coast of Scotland and there is no one locally I trust to do this job.
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

hi your best bet is to contact wet deck or just pm him sort out your tanking or waterproofing and then get the appropriate adh and grouts to suit hope this helps:8:

P

PRT

Thanks Jay, I posted the same questions on wet dec website 1 week ago and no reply. Is he around at the momment?

Reaction score
hi...i find schluters kerdi or durals wp membrane the best tanking system along with mapei adhesive grouts and silicones....not the cheapest but very good products

Reaction score
hi...i find schluters kerdi or durals wp membrane the best tanking system along with mapei adhesive grouts and silicones....not the cheapest but very good product

Definately agree Stu, great system you've specified there :thumbsup:

How thick is the screed where you have left out for the tray PRT?

I'm on an island off the North coast of Scotland or I would have done it for you mate:smilewinkgrin:

P

PRT

Hi Merlecollins, The screed is 75mm thick.
Another question, A guy has suggested tanking it with fibreglass.(he is great at telling people what you should be doing) I am not keen to do this because no one else has suggested it, nor have I seen it recommended anywhere. Do tiles stick to it? I wouldn't do it anyway, will definitely go with a tried and tested system.
:20:

Reply to New build wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen