Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New breaker recomendation needed in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm going to be needing a 900 breaker in the near future. At the moment the biggest I have is the rubi tx700, and tbh I'm not that happy with it so I am thinking changing brands with the 900, so can anyone recomend one to go for. Thanks for any advice.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
It's got be be Sigma then, to be fair I'm a Rubi man but am leaning towards a Sigma for my next big cutter.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
No ones getting any younger and the sigmas are a nice light machine and cut very well as well.
The weight is a big factor, fed up lugging the TX700 up flights of stairs, the youtube vids and testaments of fixers here is another that is swaying me, it will have to be a push type though, tried and couldn't stand the pull type cutters

S

Stef

I probably wouldn't have changed to Sigma if it wasn't for Dave going on about them.
Alan I have 2 push cut Sigmas, 3C max & 3D max & they are awesome machines.
I couldn't get on with a pull cut when I tried them but love the push cuts.
I would never go back to Rubi, sling the handle over your shoulder & carry them on your back, they are robust machines.

S

Stef

I was cutting quartz with my 3C max, not a great cut but it was hidden below a skirting so didn't really matter.
Don't think a Rubi could manage this.

Reply to New breaker recomendation needed in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks