Search the forum,

Discuss Natural stone tiling, finishing touches in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

I enjoy tiling in natural stone & love seeing the finished product & the look on the customers face when they see it finished for the first time. As I want to make sure it stays looking good for as long as possible afterwards ( this reflects on me ) I always provide the customer a free bottle of maintenance cleaner. This maintains the sealer used and makes the tiles look better for longer. Would be nothing worth than spending ages sealing and polishing stone tiles, then the customer cleaning them once a week with Cillit Bang ( as some do ! ) I personally use either LTP or Stonefix sealers, here is an example of one of their maintainance cleaners..

LTP Waxwash

Gentle neutral floorwash for terracotta, slate all other natural stones.

A gentle floor cleaner containing linseed oil especially developed for terracotta, quarry tiles, slate and stone. Has a fresh, clean fragrance. Ideal for terracotta floors sealed with linseed oil and beeswax. Suitable for both sealed and unsealed floors.

Applications
Dilute 2 or 3 capfuls (5 capfuls on dirtier floors) of LTP Waxwash in a bucket of warm water. Wash the floor and allow to dry. On waxed floors, finish by buffing.

Coverage
1 litre of LTP Waxwash should be sufficient to wash an average floor of 20m2 approx 45 times.

You should find that most manufacturers do a similar product.

Attachments

• waxwash.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 9
E

enduro

Some many people have lovely stone floors laid then ruin them with the wrong cleaners so i think it is important to give them the right cleaning product. I do this and offer them a maintenance program and im finally just about to offer grinding, honing and polishing as im getting so many people ask me if i do this, so i have invested to carry out this service as well. :punk:

Reply to Natural stone tiling, finishing touches in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen