Search the forum,

Discuss My(Rogue)Builder.com in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

MyBuilder.com is a web based lead finder service where home own receive quotes off tradesmen, you can read about the tradesmen that are quoting for the work.

Here is just some of the feedback for a member tradesmen...

"Tim has literally plumbed my whole house and fitted a new boiler and central heating system. I get along with him just fine, he's got a heart of gold. Very professional and accommodating when"

"What can I say, Tim has done a fantastic job on my bathroom. It's absolutely beautiful. I needed my bathroom completely stripping out turning into a new shower room to help care for my husband who is unwell and needed these changes. Tim was very caring and considerate throughout the process."

"Highly recommended ! Tim arrived spot on time and fixed my mother's plumbing problem with ease. We would call again to book his services."

Sounds promising doesn't it? Especially seeing as the adverts for mybuilder.com sponsor cowboy builder Tv programmes and say to contact them to avoid such problems.

The feedback above is from a member who's work I've just been to inspect with a view to correcting the mistakes. On my first visit I couldn't get in the bathroom because Dyno-Rod were busy clearing a blocked toilet (which by the way they couldn't clear because the soil pipe is blocked with expanding foam) cost of call out £180 - Cost to remove soil pipe to clear the blockage £410. So that's nearly £600 just to get the WC working

The horror movie you are just about to see is of his handywork.

(You might want a pillow to hide behind)

[video=youtube;hpAN5FfRVUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAN5FfRVUU[/video]

C

Colour Republic

Oh my god! What a shocker!

The worst I have ever seen Dan and I don't say that lightly because I have seen some real pigs in my time. The bathroom looks 10 years old when in fact it is less than 10 weeks old!

S

Saltire69

:yikes: Really really bad. What on earth is he doing with the toilet. Hope they didn't pay him.

C

Colour Republic

is that meant to be boxwork by the pan? looks like a guinea pigs hutch

It was a bit of shoddy boxwork, which was ripped out by Dyno-Rod to try and clear the blockage, they cut a whole on the top of the soil pipe to get access (hence why a boss with access is now glued to the top) The Soil pipe is almost level until it gets under the bath, there are 6 x 90deg bends before it gets to the stack

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody tell tim he needs to deliver papers or something instead? :lol:

He should be ashamed. Surely he knows the work is not just rough, but like rooooooooough!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a bit of shoddy boxwork, which was ripped out by Dyno-Rod to try and clear the blockage, they cut a whole on the top of the soil pipe to get access (hence why a boss with access is now glued to the top) The Soil pipe is almost level until it gets under the bath, there are 6 x 90deg bends before it gets to the stack

Jesus! You're kidding!?!?! 6 90's! I doubt waste would even make it out?!

Reply to My(Rogue)Builder.com in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen