Search the forum,

Discuss My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Christmas in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Ramsden

Got loads of siliconing to do on 2 different jobs very soon so ordered me a set!!

S

SandyFloor

Another tip is to use a atomising spray prior to using the tool. This prevents silicon sticking where you don't want it to and spreading around the edge of your bead. I would avoid using the finger as silicon is carcinogenic so you don't want it getting in your mouth.

D

doug boardley

Another tip is to use a atomising spray prior to using the tool. This prevents silicon sticking where you don't want it to and spreading around the edge of your bead. I would avoid using the finger as silicon is carcinogenic so you don't want it getting in your mouth.
I'd best turn Pam Anderson away then next time she comes round:yikes::lol:

A

Alberta Stone

I know you old pros probably have these already but this is the best 7 pounds ( ebay ) I have spent on tiling .
Bit sad I know but it makes for a very neat finish, here're some pics..
I have been thinking of getting a set of those.
How about a close up shot, like down the length of a bead as it is difficult to see any detail...just looks like a groutline from that distance. ;)

M

mikethetile

use them at an angle or they joggle in and out with the groutline,,,,,,,,, whoops !!!!

I only mention this as the first time I used then I had them at 90% to the worktop , you try cleaning newly applied silicone off and starting again , or am I the only numpty LOL

S

Stewart

Never had you down as a numpty, but if you insist........ I did exactly the same when I first tried them. They are good, but you do need to practice.

M

mikethetile

Never had you down as a numpty, but if you insist........ I did exactly the same when I first tried them. They are good, but you do need to practice.

glad im not the only one LOL and yes they are worth the money

Reply to My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Christmas in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen