Search the forum,

Discuss MSI limestone Pavers - brown stains after washing in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MC3

Hi guys, I’m new to anything building and construction related. I paved my backyard with MSI’s Freska Limestone pavers about 11 months back and noticed that it had started to discolour/stain in some parts. I read that a dilute bleach solution could help to clean stains on limestone and so I set about washing the backyard. It looked great when I had just done it (still I didn’t get the brown stains I originally wanted to get out). The next morning I was horrified to see brown stains emerge over the most part of where I had washed. The areas further out where I had not used any bleach didn’t seem to have the stains but I also didn’t spend as much time washing. I don’t know what caused this - trapped moisture or the bleach. I’m inclined to think it was the bleach but I didn’t use much bleach at all. The area showing these stains also happen to be paved over concrete - the rest of the area is paved on dirt and didn’t have any stains. I attached a picture here in case it helps. Can anyone give me pointers if this can be fixed?

DBEDD4D2-4A0E-4653-82E3-BB07D10C7156.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to MSI limestone Pavers - brown stains after washing in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen