Search the forum,

Discuss mosaic Tiles onto Shower tray former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good morning all. Hoping an expert will be able to advise me as I'm dreading making a very expensive mistake
I am planning to lay the mosaic tiles pictured onto a wet room shower tray former, I have bought larger porcelain tiles for the rest of the bathroom,
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg was worried about cutting them in around the tray former. Do you feel the mosaics would be a slipping hazard? and would there be any problems with underfloor heating.

Thank you so much for your time.

Paul

O

Old Mod

So it’s an xps foam tray.
what size are the mosaic individual pieces?
(not sheet size)

O

Old Mod

You’ll need to check direct with manufacturer on the point loading of the tray.
Mostly, foam trays have a minimum mosaic piece size of 50 x 50mm, anything smaller will exceed the point loading of the tray and could potentially pierce the tray.
so you will need them to guarantee that your mosaic are suitable, size wise, first.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Those are also not suitable mosaics for a floor, I'd be hesitant with glass mosaics near a floor at all

Reply to mosaic Tiles onto Shower tray former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen