Search the forum,

Discuss More Knee Pads in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

well if you're like me, prob not!, my quest for the perfect knee pad continues.
I spend an absolute fortune on the things striving to find one that is lightweight, comfortable, protective and one I don't roll off of when I shift my center of gravity when picking up large formats!
I also tend to walk on my knees a fair bit too, can't be bothered to stand up, kneel down and so it goes on, just easier to walk on my knees!
I am more fortunate than a lot of guys on here who suffer terribly, whether it's because I'm just lucky or whether it's because I've worn them EVERYDAY since I first started I'm not really sure, I just thank my lucky stars they're in good shape!
So I came across these last week, kneepads by Toughbuilt, in a little store on the Brompton Road.
Kool thing about these I think is that they have interchangeable covers!
I've certainly never seen them before, maybe you have?
So I got the basic kneepad last week and ordered the stabiliser set to go with them, they took a week to arrive.
The basic Gel pads are actually quite good, they're thick, well padded and comfortable. They have a unique little feature I've not seen before and that is that they have an extra strap on the front to adjust the fit around the knee, tightens it up if u will, so that it hugs the knee. They're ergonomically shaped so there's a left and right knee fit.
On the down side for me personally they have a central Velcro strap to fasten them, I much prefer top and bottom straps, I cut the top strap off and just have the bottom one fastened I feel it offers more movement.
So couple days ago I received the stabiliser shell that very firmly snaps on to the front, there's no way they're coming off accidentally!
Snapped them on with the aid of a pair of adjustable pliers, very tight fit!

First thing I noticed was it did make them quite heavy to wear when walking around but I think that's an affordable sacrifice to make when u actually kneel down in them. There is NO way on gods earth u'll ever fall off these! haha and even lifting and stretching to put down a piece of 60x60x20 stone I felt very secure and in no way did I think I was going to topple over.
As I'm working on very uneven concrete at the moment which can be tough on your knees I feel that actually they're a good buy!
They're becoming more comfortable with every day that passes so I'm hoping within a week or two they'll feel part of me, which to me is important.
Just thought u'd might like to know! :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Ive got some standard Gel knee pads and I didnt feel very stable on them and felt too high up and certainly couldnt do a Vic floor in them as I tend to sit back on my legs, so went back to a mat.
Blow that Sharon haha drive me potty :D
I truly can't work without them nowadays, even if I'm digging the garden haha
Still important thing is that u bother! So many don't. :eek:

Reply to More Knee Pads in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen