Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing Different Brand Adhesive To Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

beans

Evening All,

I'm a DIYer who try to do as best a job as I can but would never claim to be anywhere near as good as you pro's!
If a job is worth doing then its worth doing well so I always try to do a proper job and not cut corners and do things properly.

I've renovated and built houses and always done my own tiling where and when its needed.

I am about to embark into the world of limestone floor tiling which I am looking forward to but have a quick question that I have not seen answered:

Does anyone forsee any issues with using different Brand Adhesive to Grouts? eg. Mapei Keraquick and Ardex Grout? (all powdered).
I normally stick to same brand (usually get them from same shop) but in my limestone case, I have quick access to Ardex grout of the right colour and don't want to try and match it with the Ultracolour Plus.

PS - This forum has been so helpful to me over the years and I must take this moment to appreciate all of your input, so thank you all!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally I do it all the time and can see no issues with it although most manafactures will say different for obvious reasons. .....good luck with your project. .

I

Ian

Yeah there's no issue with this, I quite often do it. There are a couple of adhesive brands I use regularly but, only one grout.

Reaction score
Not a massive fan of cross bonding.

going back a few years ago, we stocks a number of different adhesives, tilers were using one brand for levellers, one for fixing ect ect, it came to a head when a call was made for a rep to come out and look at a job gone wrong, who do you call? So 9 times out of 10 now we will sell same manufactures product all the way through.

W

White Room

Not a massive fan of cross bonding.

going back a few years ago, we stocks a number of different adhesives, tilers were using one brand for levellers, one for fixing ect ect, it came to a head when a call was made for a rep to come out and look at a job gone wrong, who do you call? So 9 times out of 10 now we will sell same manufactures product all the way through.

That's when it becomes a problem, I use different manufacturers as well but you make a good point Lee.

B

beans

Thanks for the feedback guys. In normal circumstances I wouldn't mix but I think in this case, as there hasn't been any overwhelming negative experiences I am willing to risk it in this case.

S

Stef

I use TileMaster levellers & Mapei levellers, then I use TileMaster adhesives & BAL grouts.

D

dave l and l

where do you get your tilemaster adhesive stef, i use weber adhesive and bal grouts

Reply to Mixing Different Brand Adhesive To Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen