Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing adhesive (no balance to weigh it) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
In answer to your question on mixing it by volume instead of weight.. Yes, you will go wrong, unless you can find any info on the weight of a litre of powder. I find trying to judge half a bag, or a quarter of a bag etc practically impossible once you start pouring. You'll want to start with fairly small amounts anyway for rapid set, as it goes off pretty quickly.

I mix it til it feels quite stiff (hard to mix by hand) then leave for a few minutes and mix again. If it's still really stiff you can add a little more water.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
dont pour the adhesive , lay the bag flat on ground put a stanley blade right along the middle denoting to halves then put your hands underneath at top and bottom of cut line and pull up you should have 2 half bags stand up nicely opened already for you:thumbsup:

I can't imagine ever being fast enough to need half a bag of rapid set mixed up at one time.... We live in hope though! :lol:

Reply to Mixing adhesive (no balance to weigh it) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.