Search the forum,

Discuss Mixed adhesive colours in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingPeter

I made the mistake of getting the wrong colour of adhesive. My first bag was white and second was grey. I've used both on the walls now and I'm starting to wonder whether it'll cause issues with the grout colour.

My grout will be a beige colour, so is grey likely to show through? Should I scrape out as much adhesive as possible? I've try to remove most of the adhesive between the tiles and certainly keep the adhesive at least a few mm from the surface.

Also, the edge of the tiles are stained grey in places (not the glaze, but the edge between them). Would that be an issue and does it come off?

T

TilingPeter

Ceramic, 8.5mm thick. The tiles should be fine, it's only the grout that I was worried about, but I guess that'll be fine too.

Reply to Mixed adhesive colours in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen