Search the forum,

Discuss Mirror flush with tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Jon329

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding packing out the difference between the tile height and the plasterboard.

I've stuck a few mirrors on before but they've always been on a solid wall rather than plastboard, and these tiles are thicker than anything ive used in the past, being 10mm.

I've done some research online and most people suggest either hardie backer or plywood to pack out the difference.

I've decided to go down route of getting 5.5mm moisture resistant plywood that I had planned to stick with no nails type adhesive and screws, ( maybe exterior grade wood glue might be better as its wood to paper ?? ) then stick the mirror on with mirror grip adhesive.

Does anyone see an issue with this? I had decided against the hardie method due to the fact that its slightly thicker and the tile adhesive would bring it out further, and I wasn't sure how well silicone would stick to hardiebackers dusty surface.

Mirror is 1.2m x 1.2m

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20201216_161324.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
A lot of those glues will attack the back of the mirror.
If the ply is the correct thickness - I would use that.
Seal around all edges and front and back a couple of times before you glue and screw it to the wall. The use mirror adhesive - nothing will go wrong don’t worry.

Reply to Mirror flush with tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen