Search the forum,

Discuss Metros and finishing edges. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Evening guys and girls.

looking for some help sourcing a tile, decorative ceramic or something to finish the edge of metros.

I have the situation of a half tiled room in white metros. Only theres a shower cubicle where it will be fully tiled. I'll post a picture later if I can.

the metros will be brick set and all corners mitred. But I dont kniw what to do on the half tile edges. I absolutely do not want to use a trim!

The style/theme is more traditional/heritage than modern and contemporary. Ive googled for some ideas and seen all sorts, but in particular the use if a decorative tile or similar, flat white ceramic.

what have you guys done in this situation? Anyone know of a good supplier of more traditional ceramics and stone?

I

Ian

Have the tiles got a decent long edge, as in, does the glaze wrap round so you can't see the biscuit? You could do a frame around the main field if they do, quite a common thing in American installations.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Have you looked on Original styles website.

I hadn't actually but wil do now.

Have the tiles got a decent long edge, as in, does the glaze wrap round so you can't see the biscuit? You could do a frame around the main field if they do, quite a common thing in American installations.

I'll have a look,I have one in the van.
However my concern is that these are quite deep. So, if I have a cut edge it will sit quite proud of the bevelled edge of any adjacent tiles.

I

Ian

I hadn't actually but wil do now.

I'll have a look,I have one in the van.
However my concern is that these are quite deep. So, if I have a cut edge it will sit quite proud of the bevelled edge of any adjacent tiles.
I see what you're saying, some grouting wizardry will be in order or try to make your edges finish on a 1/3- 2/3rd cut or 1/4-3/4 cut so they are of equal thickness to frame to rather than having a full tile/ half tile where one will be a cut and one will be a bevel. Bit long winded but, I think you'll know what I'm trying to get at :)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I get what your saying @Bri
I'll have a look Monday at how it can be set out.

I have two rooms of metros. One is 300x75 the other 150x75. The smaller I dont think ill be able to do that with without keaving small cuts.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
@Dan I still can't like threads in the TA boards.

I think the difficulty is going to be matching the whites.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll start ordering up some samples.

Reply to Metros and finishing edges. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen