Search the forum,

Discuss metal trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

micktile

Can i cut metal trim with normal snips?
Got a job on next week and he wants the metal trim,just wondering whether to get the corner pieces or cut it myself

J

jaimie s

Hacksaw in mitre block. No probs. Make sure good blade in saw. Snips will bend the metal trim and will not sit flush on wall. Just my experience with chrome / metal trim.

L

Leatherface

I always recommend & use the flat plate metal trim - still cut with hacksaw - does not need mitering - normal metal trim is a begger to mitre

K

kapitan

i use a small chopsaw with a metal cutting blade!! perfect mitres and zero effort on all type of metal trim , go out and get one you will thank me!! :wink_smile:

D

DHTiling

i use a mitre block and hacksaw then touch up with a diamond file to get a perfect mitre
every time. works for me!!!!! and also you cant get corners to fit all makes of trim

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to metal trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen