Search the forum,

Discuss Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shaunykieron

I Cut My Plastic Trim With Trim Snips And Even Use Them Funky Plastic Corners You Can Get Noe Instead Of Mitering Them

Thing Is They Don't Do Them For Metal Trim (if They Do Where) So What The Best Way To Cut A 3 Junction Meet On The Metal Trim

S

shaunykieron

Is It All To Do With The Angle Of The Cut On The Mitre Box To Get A Good 3 Point Meet

R

ryanbrown

well - a mitre box is always either a 45 degree or a 90 degree angle of course.
But you have to judge whther you put the trim into the box on its side or flat.
Might help to draw it out to visulise the problem or cut a few scrap bits of cheap plastic trip to work it out.
----
plastic trim even

Last edited by a moderator:
I

IvegotsTILE

They do have corners in metal,should be able to get them at Topps or even some B&Q's.I've started to get my customers to use square trim on the vertical and round on the horizontal then you just mitre as usual,looks really good plus no dodgy sharp looking corners.

Reply to Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen